Welcome to ecdysis - a portal for live-managing arthropod occurrence data. ecdysis is designed to serve the entomological community as a robust and efficient environment for collections digitization and data-driven research projects. The ecdysis community is open to and welcomes all collections and individuals who wish to publish, manage, and analyze arthropod occurrence data - especially in the form of digitized specimens.
Visit our Contact page for more information about the portal, its steering committee, and more help and resources.
Distribution of collections within ecdysis
The following tools are available to portal users:
Collection management tools
- Add and edit records individually or in batch through online web tools
- Use crowdsourcing tools to clean and transcribe data
- Manage and track loans
- Generate custom locality and determination labels from the database
- Georeference and map specimen records
- Utilize and contribute to community-curated backbone taxonomy
- Link records to each other or external data sources (e.g., pollinator record to host-plant record)
- Publish data to GBIF, iDigBio and to services like Bionomia
- Create and manage Checklists: collaborate and share checklists with the ability to link to specific voucher records and images or export for publication.
- Create multi-entry identification keys tied to higher taxonomic ranks or specific checklists
- Curate live datasets - lists of records for use in research projects
- Download search results or view in a live map